Madeira, Portugal - new entry requirements
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there have been some changes to the entry requirements into Madeira.
Before travel you will need to:
- Complete an online form, which you will find here.
On arrival in Madeira you will need to:
- Either present a negative COVID-19 PCR test result taken within 72 hours of your arrival or take a free test before you leave the airport.
- Children under 12 years don't have to take the test, unless they are showing symptoms of COVID-19.
- It should not take longer that an hour after landing to take the test and leave the airport to catch your transfer as normal.
- You will be told the test results within 12 hours.
- You will have to stay in your accommodation until you get the results, but you don't have to stay in your room.
And on return to the UK you will need to:
- Self-isolate for 14 days, inline with government guidance. Please see the FCO website for more information.